Monday 13 December 2010

INTRODUCING: JOHN KITTELSRUD

PHOTO: J KITTELSRUD

John Kittelsrud has produced some stunning pinhole panoramas and this is just one of them.

Watch this space for more of John's work, coming soon!

This was shot in San Francisco in the summer of 2010 and was down by the docks at Crissy Field. There was a couple that was getting their wedding photos done and I decided to help myself to a few photos. I was using some out of date Ektachrome 100 that day and if I remember right the exposure was 1/2 of a second. It was sheer luck that I was able to catch the flash going off.

I used my first pin-o-ramic camera to make this image. It has a curved film plane (seen here) to eliminate fall off and reduce distortion and produces an image on 35mm film that is about 28mm x 75mm. The angle of view is somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 degrees. the f stop is apx 170. I have a few 3D images that I took while building it here.

No comments: